Process powders safely with the Wolfson Centre short course March 02, 2011
Take the one-day Powder Containment course (12 April 2011) offered by the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology and learn how to reduce the risk of working with hazardous powders.
This course is ideal if you are handling powders and will help you to identify and assess risk within your processing system. The course also includes effective powder storage and the factors affecting the performance of materials, which will enable you to improve efficiency.
- Perceptions of dust and consequences of exposure
- Key principles and equipment for air flow capture systems - including H&SE Guidance HSG258
- Key principles and equipment for barrier systems
- The Workplace Exposure Limit, equipment performance expectations and performance verification
- Factors affecting performance such as ergonomics, worker behaviour and powder characteristics.
- H&SE guidance for workplace exposure limit setting
- Risk assessment approaches