Powder and Dust Containment short course July 18, 2012
Take the one-day Powder and Dust Containment short course offered by the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology and learn how to reduce the risk of working with hazardous powders. 25 September 2012 at the University of Greenwich, Medway
This course is ideal if you are handling powders and will help you to identify and assess risk within your processing system. The course also includes effective powder storage and the factors affecting the performance of materials, which will enable you to improve efficiency.
- Perceptions of dust and consequences of exposure
- Key principles and equipment for air flow capture systems including H&SE Guidance HSG258
- Key principles and equipment for barrier systems
- The Workplace Exposure Limit, equipment performance expectations and performance verification
- Factors affecting performance such as ergonomics, worker behaviour and powder characteristics.
- H&SE guidance for workplace exposure limit setting
- Risk assessment approaches
- Exposure scenarios, as defined within REACH legislation, for more hazardous materials
Booking forms can be downloaded from our website http://www.bulksolids.com
Course fees are £420 per delegate and there are discounts available for group bookings.
Numbers for the seminars are limited to allow delegates the time to discuss their own operational needs and problems.