Overview of Particulate Handling Technology
October 24, 2017
Our short course on the basics of particulate handling aims to provide the knowledge to assist you in identifying bulk solids handling problems and the techniques which can be employed to overcome them. Spend 2 days learning the theory and a day in our labs (optional) putting these techniques into practice.
The following topics will be covered:
- Vessel design, including dimensions, feeders and discharge aids;
- Characterisation of materials;
- Pneumatic and mechanical handling;
- Feeder interfacing;
- Instrumentation and control of solids handling systems
- Dust control including ATEX Compliance
In the practical session you will be able to:
- Test you own materials with the aid of our experienced technicians and researchers (If you do not have your own materials, we can provide some for you)
- Learn different methods of characterising materials
- Receive advice and recommendations on the results
Course fees: £765 for 2 days theory; £1185 full 3 days including practical session.
Further details on the course can be found on our website.
In order to allow individual attention, numbers on the courses are limited. Early registration is recommended.
In-company courses can be arranged to cater for larger numbers or a variation of topics. Please call us for details.